Sunday 24 July 2011

Marriage, Children, Pets, Family – They soften the world for you

Saturday late morning. Awake, filled with Mung-Kiribath. Waiting for sms from kid to say they reached safely. Walked the dog, met many of his friends, so he’s happy. Dropped the car off for service. Still slightly sleepy so shall shower after this.

I love dogs, to the extent that I let them roll all over me and even lick my face and lips. I don’t mind them and they don’t mind me. Met a new puppy today, a Strad-bull terrier. I am rolling, playing with them in the field and took some quick shots on the mobile.

This got me thinking. How kids, pets, your spouse, family, as you grow older how they soften the world around for you. I used to be one of the biggest SOB’s in this world. But as the kid grew, I found myself changing. Priorities, goals, challenges, everything changes. I am a grand uncle. I am not a corporate a-hole chasing incessant success. Honestly I am surprisingly chilled out now, so much I surprise myself.

Like today, I just took immense pleasure in rolling around with those dogs. I was sitting on the ground on a muddy field with dogs all over me. Forgot my hangover and just felt happy. It’s minus outside, and crisp. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

If this is what all about growing old is, I like it. Will I lose the love of clubbing, rough housing and behaving in a manner similar to a drunken Viking Warrior? Definitely not. Just a little less of that and much more of this. More time for family, less time agonising about the size of my dick, what they think of me doesn’t really matter, its what you think of me.

Finding peace within, that peace which is found only when your loved ones, for you, soften the world around you. Even your dogs, especially your dogs.

Prizes and surprises again

Prizes – You have won one week with the Playboy Playmate of the Month – January 2010.

Surprises – It was hoodwink all along. The raffle ticket you got online was a racket run by some Nigerians, operating out of London with fake tourist visas. On closer scrutiny the ticket says January 20010.

I finally understand, how important it is to be happy, inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'/>