Monday 25 June 2012

It’s late in the evening…


It’s late in the evening…

Long summer evenings. It’s still light outside. Short nights, long days etc, etc. Summer in England’s still warming up. Never like a F1 engine but in fits and starts, along with the inglorious promise of rain.

It’s nice. I am home. Sprawled out on the couch. BBC news on TV provides background chatter. Cooked quick curry for dinner, showered away the days action, in my old P road sarong and a vest. The sport socks the only clash with the rest of the whole ethnic look. But my balls are free, so I feel free. Especially as the small spliff I smoked after my shower is reaching the ‘space’ stage.

Enjoying that perfect mild English evening. I feel fresh as my long hot shower, my Old Spice deo and cologne I splashed on after. The Syrian conflict, England’s Euro Loss, and Cameron’s conservative strategy to cut back on welfare take most importance on BBC news. The rice cooker beeps. Hot basmathi rice and my spicy Chicken curry. Shall open a Publis seeni sambol jar to mark the occasion.

25th June is almost over. So is the month of June. Midsummer’s day already past. This June by far has been one of the worst months of my too long life. More days to forget, more days to wonder why you still live.

Life’s small pleasures. A hot shower, comfortable clothes, hot food and always the possibility/dream of winning the lottery.

Life’s big pleasures. In my case living in Kataragama. As close to Skanda as I can get. That right now feels almost like my chance of actually winning the lottery.

It’s late in the evening…

No comments:

Post a Comment

'/>